Regional Logistics Training Specialist
Home Delivery Training Team – Regional
We’re a team of learning rock stars on a mission to grow our business, and we are looking for the best thinkers, speakers, relationship-builders, and teachers out there to join us. The Home Delivery function at Wayfair falls in our broader Logistics organization and our group focuses on training our home delivery colleagues. We manage the entire training curriculum for home delivery management. We also work closely with our corporate L&D team to be culture evangelists throughout our entire logistical network.
You’re so organized that your friends think it’s scary – you know where everything is in your house and you love spending the night alphabetizing your bookshelf. In this role, you’ll be working to help Wayfair’s Home Delivery Training team facilitate our home delivery training curriculum for systems and customer service for all of our colleagues throughout the U.S. Moving between Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and our online Learning Management System, you will be responsible for executing our programs and curriculum on an ongoing basis.
Hopefully you like speaking in front of people and teaching your peers – we’ll be especially excited to hear that you want to get in the classroom (and warehouse!) and teach other employees about Wayfair and the skills needed to be successful.
What you will do:
- Lead instructor led and on-the job-training for managerial, customer service, warehouse, and driver associates during a two-week home delivery site launch
- Execute quality and safety training for warehouse associates and drivers
- Lead 4-week onboarding for new managers
- Proactively monitor learning management system to ensure our colleagues are completing required trainings
- Create and implement training activities for administrative staff
- Some development of training materials and deliver training to peers
- Supervise training at our Home Delivery locations
- Work with Learning & Development to ensure skills training is current and identify areas where more focused support is required
- Provide direct input regarding existing learning tools and make recommendations for improvements based on your everyday experience
- Most of your time will be spent in a warehouse office environment, but you be asked to assist and develop training for warehouse operations
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure logistics operating procedures are known and followed in other parts of the organization
- Travel ~75% of time is anticipated
Traits and skills:
- Microsoft Office Expert – you’re always being asked, “How did you do that?” when you’re working in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Detail-oriented and organized – you have an eye for detail and remember to cross your “T’s” and dot your “I’s.” While training, they are able to maintain focus and patience with trainees
- Flexible and quick on your feet – you are comfortable answering questions or always finding out. You respond to change in a positive manner
- Self-starter – you set goals and go after them passionately
- Rapid decision-maker – you have no problem making decisions quickly and confidently
- Analytical thinker – you’re good with numbers, which might be why you’re always the one to split the bill at dinner
- Natural-born communicator – you are approachable, confident and enthusiastic. You communicate (both verbal and written) detail processes in a simple and concise manner making information easy to understand and engaging at all levels
- Execution – you have a strong ability to make a plan come to life with a creative approach quickly
- Secret design guru – you spend as much time agonizing about the font for your next project as you do working on the project itself
- The ability to facilitate classes
- Analytics experience (basic Excel reporting and analysis)
- Experience with:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Captivate
- SQL or other database querying experience
- Project Management
- Organizational Development
- Warehousing/Logistics Operations
- College degree from an accredited university
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.