Director, E-commerce Site Merchandising
We’re looking for a Director of E-Commerce Site Merchandising to lead the strategy for a key segment of our extensive product offering. In this high-profile role you’ll get to solve intellectual, technical, and user experience challenges with enormous opportunity for business impact. If you’re passionate about customer experience, innovation, and driving business growth, we’d love to talk with you!
The site merchandising team manages how items are presented and the preferred merchandising approach for each of the 800 classes comprising more than 8 million items on our site (e.g., what is the “best” image type we should lead with in bar stools). Our department is structured by verticals: Furniture, Decor, Housewares, Storage & Organization, Renovation, and Appliances & More. As the lead for one of these areas, you’ll direct a team of 15-30 site merchandisers, and “dotted-line” management of an additional 15+ individuals who will partner to execute on the changes that your team defines for a best in class customer class experience. This is a highly collaborative role in which you’ll partner on cross-functional initiatives with product management, engineering, and category management teams among many others. You’ll create a shared vision and be the communicator who can get all stakeholders on board to deliver results.
- ROI-based strategy & planning
- Drive innovation & collaborate with product management and other key stakeholders to to meet customer needs and support your vision for a best in class approach
- Work closely with Category Management to understand business priorities, supplier feedback, and market trends and to communicate status updates on projects and initiatives
- Leverage all customer data to understand and report on performance and identify opportunities, including gathering competitive intelligence
- Catalog Health & Quality:
- Identify selection gaps and work with Category Management & central buying to close
- Know the product selection in every class (like a curator would) and make sure that merchandising for items on our sites exceeds that of other sellers
- Build a strong support team and oversee the execution of special projects and changes to class “standards”
- BS or BA degree
- MBA or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of relevant experience or equivalent track record in consulting field
- Expertise working in a customer-focused e-commerce environment
- Technical background, or aptitude in picking up and understanding new technologies
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Proven ability to solve difficult problems that span customer facing, strategy, and operations.
- Previous direct management experience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.