Senior Software Engineer (Relocate to Boston)
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. We’re the creative builders solving complex business problems through the newest and most innovative software in e-commerce. From Marketing Service Sales and Proprietary Logistics to Development Platforms, we leverage open source technology to create our own platforms and engineering tools, and our continuous deployment environment promotes frequent releases to production. We move fast, build to scale, and approach each challenge with agility and creativity.
We are looking to hire sharp, logical thinkers who aren't married to any one language. For real, we don’t care what language you grew up with! Wayfair has a wide array of technologies; object-oriented skills are great, functional programming and scripting language experience are prized as well.
This role requires you to relocate to Boston, MA.
An ideal candidate has:
- Exceptional problem solving skills, experience developing creative solutions to complex problems
- Large systems design and development experience with an OO language. We run a modified LAMP stack, but employ Engineers with a huge variety of technical backgrounds
- 5+ years of professional experience as a full stack software engineer.
- 5+ years of OOP using PHP, C++, C# or Java
- 3+ years of SQL (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, must be willing to learn T-SQL) & relational database schema design.
- Experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements.
- Sense of humor and excellent communication skills
- Desire to mentor, teach and lead teams
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.