Wayfair operates a growing Operations Center and we’re looking for a talented Incident Coordinator to join and help grow our team. Our Incident Coordination team is tasked with working between Engineering and Business teams specializing in understanding and communicating technical issues to the larger business.
Why Incident Coordination:
- It’s fast paced, never boring. Every day is different.
- It’s high visibility, with the ability to interact with a lot of senior folks. Great if you want to be noticed
- The WOC is involved in every part of Wayfair’s tech stack. We get to work with folks from every part of engineering
- It’s a unique opportunity to learn about how Wayfair really works. In this role you can build a broad understanding of how our systems work together that you won’t find on another team.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Excellent communication skills, especially the ability to communicate in “business” rather than purely “engineering”
- You do NOT have to be technical, but you do have to have a desire and ability to learn quickly
- Strong balance of urgency and pragmatism
- Sound decision making abilities under pressure
- Ability to thrive under a high visibility spotlight
- Not afraid of being vocal
- A sense of humor and a good eye with Nerf Guns
- Ability to conduct a critical incident independently of assistance from others
- Ability and desire to learn to use our tools and processes
- Ability to interpret engineering graphs and monitoring to identify outliers in them
- Ability to capture facts from noise during the write-up of a critical incident.
- Interface and communicate with a variety of Engineering and Business teams throughout Wayfair org
- Organizing, attending, and actively participating in IC and WOC related meetings (Post Mortems, turnovers, etc.)
- Following up and reporting on Incident Coordination processes, such as Problem Tasks, Postmortems, Report generation, Process improvements, etc
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively portray messages efficiently.
Education and Experience:
- 1+ years experience in a project coordination or similar role
- BS in technology or business related field
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.