Wayfair Internship 6-8 weeks (London)
Must be legally authorized to work in the UK for this role
Internship information: 40h/week (full-time) for 6-8 weeks
Are you ready to kick off your career in eCommerce? Looking for a fast paced, fun and entrepreneurial environment to develop your skills? Interested in working with a high- growth multinational company in the heart of London? We want to hear from you!
Your internship will be in one of the key functions across the business dependent on a combination of your interests, skills and experience.
These are the hiring teams at the moment:
We currently operate in Germany and the UK and aim to offer an unparalleled selection of great value products for the home, paired with excellent customer experience. Each Category Management team is responsible for a specific vertical (e.g., lighting, décor, bedding, kitchen), knowing the respective market / industry, and maintaining relationships with suppliers. The team’s ultimate objective is to grow the category by expanding the selection on our website, aligning promotions and operations, merchandising, and marketing activities with the respective teams, and ensuring price competitiveness throughout the catalog. Cross-functional collaboration is key in this role, since the category management teams are in daily contact with internal teams to advance the aforementioned business drivers.
The merchandising department is responsible for the creation and maintenance of our product catalogs. We add tens of thousands of new products each month, both for limited-time events and for ongoing product selection. We also continually improve the catalog – fixing issues and increasing the content to improve customer experience in a joint effort with our suppliers. Our goal is to provide inspirational and engaging content to drive customer engagement and increase conversion. We also understand where the customer is shopping on site – where they are most / least engaged through the funnel, and we create customized landing pages based on an analytical approach, supported by new merchandising tools.
- Project details and responsibilities will be determined closer to your start date
- Opportunity to make a visible, real-time impact to the millions of people visiting Wayfair.co.uk
- Take ownership of a project that is focused on improving our customer experience and present outcome to UK leadership team
- Strong academic background in a Business, Technical or related field
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and a desire to improve processes
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with MS Office, especially Excel
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Enthusiastic, with proven ability to quickly get up to speed
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary that come along with work life balance
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks and drinks every day!
- We offer free Yoga classes
- A company culture driven by pioneer thinking and talent that moves between departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- An agile and energetic work environment - your progression at Wayfair is based on results not on hours spent in the office.
- A flat hierarchy with easy access to very present senior management
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.