Head of Exclusive Brands Management
Wayfair offers a wide variety of furniture and home décor products to meet the needs of our diverse customer base. With such an extensive catalog, our private label brands make it easier for our customers to find exactly what they’re looking for and connect with a selection of styles they identify with. These brands are carefully curated by Wayfair and sold exclusively on Wayfair.com. They’re known for their beautiful photography, compelling creative and well merchandised site treatment.
As a senior leader within the Exclusive Brands team, you will lead brand management and development for our private label brands. You will manage a team focused on continually identifying opportunities to tackle emerging categories in fast-growing markets, developing winning brands that speak to our customers’ various priorities and price points. You will play an instrumental role in overseeing key strategic initiatives that will lay the foundation for our business to grow substantially and ensure that our customer continues to find that their unique style is reflected in our catalog.
What You’ll Do:
- Craft vision, direction and brand strategy for Wayfair private label brands; shape brand positioning, while ensuring that product imagery and site presentation supports the brands.
- Develop brands to target new and existing customer segments, driving revenue, conversion and profitability goals, leveraging product instinct, marketplace trends and sales/conversion data.
- Develop reports, KPIs and targets to monitor business health and implement continuous improvement.
- Manage and grow a team of brand managers designers, and producers in the creation and maintenance of all private label brands.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Creative, Promotions, Marketing, Merchants and Operations to effectively to meet deadlines and contribute to overall business strategy.
- Partner with Site Merchandising team to ensure brands are well positioned and products are well displayed on our site.
- Lead product assortment review meetings with Creative and product merchandising teams.
- Attend trade shows and exhibits, conducting buying trips on an occasional basis.
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas.
- Direct process improvement initiatives across the organization to improve efficiency and workflow.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of brand management, buying, merchandising or related experience.
- Effective people manager and coach with experience managing a team of four or more.
- Skilled analytical thinker; someone who looks to data for answers and opportunities.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about home décor, furniture and creating brands that speak to our customer’s needs.
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with strong negotiating skills.
- Experience managing through ambiguity to achieve results.
- Goal-oriented and process focused, with a tireless focus on quality output.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel when necessary.
- BA/BS; MBA a plus.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.