Who we are: Operations Product Innovation is an internal product management team that seeks to make things run more efficiently and improve operational processes through the use of technology. We analyze the operations of our business (Customer Service, Outbound Sales, Product Catalog Management, Fulfillment, Transportation and Warehousing) and find opportunities to improve customer experience, improve internal team productivity and reduce costs. Then we work with our engineering teams to build systems to realize those opportunities.
In This Role You Will:
- Support driving product management and the roadmap across key functional areas of our internally facing tools
- Turn high-level business requirements into detailed specs for software development
- Manage a backlog and engineering sprint team through execution of key projects and initiatives to improve our order management tools
- Proactively identify ongoing opportunities to increase efficiency, improve the usability of existing tools, and evaluate new functionality/capabilities to fill identified gaps
- Develop a deep understanding of current user workflows within the tools
- Work closely with key stakeholders and other internal teams to identify key business needs and define solutions to address
Who We’re Looking For
- A demonstrated record of strong product management and driving results (preferably e-commerce), ideally with internal end-user tools & systems
- Strong quantitative reasoning and ability to proactively deep dive and dig into data and KPIs to assess internal user behavior and to identify key improvements to the tool sets
- Ability to work independently as well as with teams
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinking with customer-focused mindset
- Technical and analytical aptitude or background
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- Significant experience in operations, retail, engineering, consulting and/or finance with a history of driving results
- Highly Desired: Prior experience with building out internal admin or service tools a strong plus
- Proven track record of managing and executing small to medium-sized projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering, and modeling, problem-solving and communicating recommendations
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing for priorities simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to elicit and create business requirement documents
- Comfortable interfacing with senior level leadership
- Can work independently with minimal direction
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course, the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office but also with Boston, London, and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.