Distribution Operations Manager
The Pool Point/Cross-Dock Operations Manager is a dynamic role responsible for all the functions of the warehouse and transportation activities as well as meeting operational KPI’s and metrics. This individual will be managing a team of 100+ warehouse workers, administrative personnel, and coordinating with outside vendors and suppliers such as transportation companies, contractors, and local governmental representatives. The role is 65% on the floor, 35% strategic.
The right candidate will be able to think analytically, pivot easily, and look beyond the status quo.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the functions and activities of the warehouse associates
- Closely coordinate with on-site transportation manager, as well as transportation providers
- Maintain a close working relationship with Freight and planning teams, and other support functions
- Oversee scheduling and route optimization for pickups, line-haul, and delivery operations
- Responsible for both warehouse and transportation results and metrics
- Maintain, report and drive Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and/or Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Delegate and assign tasks and evaluate the results
- Adhere to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures
- Managing the flow of inventory. Work areas include: receipt, pick, shipping, and return of product
- Supervising proper shift allocations and ensuring efficiency of all warehouse staff
- Organizing and conducting necessary training activities for the staff and workers
- Ensuring the proper functioning and accountability of all warehouse tools and equipment
- Working knowledge and supervision of inspection and repair process (Furniture Medic)
- Overall responsibility for Day-to Day operations of site
- Manage financial results and reports, including budgets, forecasts, etc. Willingness to accept additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Develop internal employees to grow into the next steps of their career
Skills and Specifications:
- Reporting and leveraging data to ask questions & create solutions
- Strong level of comfort with Excel
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL)
- Working understanding of WMS systems, inventory control processes, and general transportation knowledge
- Knowledge of routing software or experience in a local pickup and delivery network desirable
- Excellent leadership, ability to lead by example, prior military experience helpful
- Strong people skills, motivational skills, team building and decision making
- Strong administrative skills, ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crises and make decisions
- Ability to efficiently coordinate and communicate with internal and external groups
- Position may require occasional travel
- Expectation of working 10-12 hour days, with availability around the clock
- 10+ years’ Warehouse management experience
- Background with ecommerce, big box retailers and/or furniture
- Experience managing team of 150-200+ associates
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Management, Administration, Supply Chain
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.