Senior Manager of Industrial Real Estate
Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment? Do you like to negotiate? Do you want an role that helps a company grow? If yes, the Real Estate team within Wayfair might be the right place for the next step in your career. This person will play a key part in implementing Wayfair’s corporate strategy by driving the process of leasing new warehouse locations in North American to support the growing logistics network. Transactions include all types of leasing activity (new, renewal, expansion, subleasing) and all sizes of industrial real estate product. This position offers high visibility and the opportunity to work closely with several internal stakeholders.
Real Estate is the team within Finance that supports all aspects of Wayfair’s business by acquiring the spaces Wayfair needs to operate. Real Estate is responsible for collaborating with business partners to develop strategic plans for real estate, acquiring new sites and providing management oversight for the real estate portfolio throughout the lease terms.
What you will do:
- Work in partnership with numerous business stakeholders to define strategies, identify key requirements, and gain alignment for real estate solutions
- Drive implementation of strategic plans - negotiate and execute leasing transactions for new and existing warehouse locations throughout North America
- Be a leader by building strong partnership with business partners, other internal stakeholders, legal counsel, landlords, and brokers
- Contribute to improving leasing and portfolio management processes
- Manage real estate costs (rent, capital, occupancy costs)
- Provide day-to-day ad hoc support for managing the portfolio and operational needs
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in real estate, private equity, banking or consulting
- MBA preferred
- Strong communicator – adept at communicating consistently and effectively with a variety internal stakeholders at all levels of the company
- Successful track record of negotiating
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams simultaneous and work side-by-side with broad range of functions to drive results
- Critical-thinker who is adept at using data to solve complex challenges
- Comfortable with frequent short duration travel
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.