Compensation Strategy Manager
Wayfair is currently seeking a compensation manager to drive our incentive strategy and planning for our 7,000+ global employees. In this role, you will partner with leadership across the business to develop and deploy competitive strategies and objectives to reward and retain top talent. The role will be central to creating our compensation structure, including creating equity-based compensation models, and defining new roles as our business continues to grow and expand into new geographies. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, organized, and able to work and communicate cross-functionally.
- Use business acumen and rigorous analysis to define areas impacted by compensation and correlate findings with business metrics to make recommendations
- Create models to forecast the effect of compensation on key financial metrics, such as dilution
- Provide guidance to all areas of the business on compensation matters
- Establish, build, and maintain strong relationships with leaders across the organization to ensure that our compensation structure supports our strategic objectives, are competitive, valued, efficient and aligned with our overall philosophy
- Research, gather, and analyze data to determine appropriate salary levels and job titles for new positions
- Develop and execute competitive compensation structures and compensation philosophy, including sales commissions and equity-based compensation
- Manage job documentation, job descriptions, databases and tables related to job codes, compensation grades, and job families in our HRIS (Workday)
- Partner with the Talent department, including Recruiting and Human Resources Business Partners, concerning interpretation of compensation practices and guidelines
- Manage team of analysts in Boston and Berlin to drive objectives
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record in economics, math, statistics, business or related field (GPA >3.5 preferred)
- At least 3 years of work experience in an analytical role, preferably in finance, consulting or technology
- Integrity and honesty, above all, and a respect for complete confidentiality
- Ability to leverage data-driven insights to inform business decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills, interest in SQL
- Experience using Workday a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.