Senior Product Manager - Recommendations Strategy
Senior Product Manager, Product Recommendation Strategies
Wayfair is looking for a senior product leader to own our strategies that provide our customers with delightful product recommendations via all marketing and website touchpoints. You will work closely with our data science, engineering, and channel owners to define customer problems and develop testable hypotheses and vision for addressing those needs.
The product recommendation space is a high visibility, high impact function at Wayfair that drives key decisions on product sorting strategies, leveraging a strong in-house software platform that allows for one-to-one, real-time personalized results using sophisticated machine learning algorithms. You’ll interact with a wide range of the Wayfair business to test new recommendations, understand our product catalog and data structure, build new data science techniques for prediction, and build software to allow for flexibility and speed to market.
- Own several of our recommendation products, which address key customer problem and business objectives. This may include inspiring customers to find new products, helping convert in-market customers, or optimizing key strategic or business objectives
- In conjunction with our data science and engineering teams, build the multi-quarter roadmap. This includes informing algorithm selection (e.g., reinforcement learning, collaborative filtering, etc.), prioritizing customer problems, developing the testing agenda, ensuring product delivery, and communicating the plan to stakeholders.
- Rapidly iterate on tests while sharing key insights and informing future product iteration
- Maniacally measure performance and own the KPIs for your recommendations and own the narrative on the performance of our product sort
- Deeply understand the technology used in your products, the strong and weak points, and become an expert at what is available
- 4+ years of product experience in the digital space, preferably ecommerce or recommender systems, or similar experience in top-tier consulting firm with an interest in algorithms, ad tech, or big data
- Strong quantitative skills to help assist in analysis and algorithm direction. Data science experience is not a prerequisite but interest in the space and learning by doing is critical.
- Demonstrable ability to be technically hands-on, up to architecting high-level system plans (no coding)
- Proven SQL knowledge – can use SQL to pull ad hoc data when necessary
- Action oriented to deliver amazing products and features on schedule
- Ability to work across several stakeholder groups and juggle many large initiatives simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds), MBA or advanced degree a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.