Head of Customer Service - Upstate NY
Reporting to the VP of Sales and Customer Service, the Site Director of Sales and Customer Service will be responsible for driving the overall strategy and execution of our fast-growing, New York Contact Center Operation. The person will lead Sales, Customer Care and Support functions across all contact channels (phone, email, chat, etc.) to deliver revenue and profit growth, high levels of customer satisfaction, and service level achievement in a complex and dynamic environment. This leader will have both deep contact center experience and strong hands-on general management skills with the ability to drive transformation in a high-growth environment.
• Develop future vision and implementation strategy to exceed customer experience targets and sales generation goals
• Drive the overall performance of the customer service organization: service levels, revenue generation, customer satisfaction, cost reduction
• Effectively lead and manage staff of 400+, overseeing all call center operations including functions of Inbound Sales, Customer Care and Email/Chat and partner effectively with other contact center operations teams including workforce management, training, recruiting and process transformation
• Build a winning culture at each site, with enthusiastic leadership and the ability to communicate and connect with all levels of personnel
• Build highly effectively sales channel supporting both inbound, outbound and key specialized category teams
• Provide a voice of the customer feedback loop to the business
• Partner with Operations, Marketing and other functions to drive innovation in the customer experience and in sales channels
• 7+ years of experience in managing multi-site operations (300+ agents), ideally in a high-growth environment
• Ability to both set strategy and follow through on tactical implementation and execution of initiatives – an operator with vision
• Hands on and enthusiastic leadership style with excellent interpersonal skills – can connect with staff at all levels and effectively manage change
• Experience managing sales teams with demonstrated track record of results
• Proven experience leveraging technology to optimize customer operations and sales
• Track record of driving cost reductions without negatively impacting performance or customer satisfaction
• Deep knowledge and experience managing workforce planning, high volume recruiting, and training in a multi-site and high growth environment
• Very knowledgeable with utilizing and implementing enabling technology (i.e. CRM applications) to drive process improvement
• Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
• Analytical and data driven
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.