Project Manager, Supplier Operations
Project Manager, Supplier Operations
Boston, MA, United States
The Supplier Operations Strategic Initiatives (SI) team is responsible for driving change on a variety of impactful and high value operational improvements in relation to the large parcel inbound supply chain. Mutually beneficial to Wayfair and suppliers alike, these improvements enable us to build scalable, forward-looking solutions that help create long lasting foundational infrastructure to scale the Wayfair brand. The SI team also partners with our top strategic supplier partners to drive holistic business strategies that foster immense growth numbers to the supplier partner and Wayfair.
Wayfair is seeking a talented and driven leader to build and execute these improvement opportunities within the inbound supply chain as well as be part of owning the supplier engagement/relationship of these top tier accounts. Day to day responsibilities include a balanced mix of in-depth data analysis, group problem solving, project coordination, and communication of progress and results to senior level stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. Strong quantitate skills are required in order to analyze performance and efficiency of solutions, and due to the cross-functional nature of this position and high visibility with senior leadership, effective communication, leadership, and presence are also highly valued. Structured prioritization and creative problem-solving skills are also both essential.
About Our Teams:
Our Supplier Performance Teams are responsible for transforming a network of thousands of individual vendor businesses into a flawless fulfillment network. We manage the fulfillment network for Wayfair, Joss & Main, All Modern, Wayfair Supply, and Dwell Studios. In addition to working extensively with our external partners (suppliers, carriers), we are plugged into every department within the company – from finance to marketing.
What you will do:
- Facilitate broad improvement initiatives spanning thousands of suppliers to improve efficiency and visibility across the inbound supply chain
- Own strategic supplier accounts with responsibility of driving a long-term roadmap
- Partner closely with a variety of groups company-wide, including transportation, data integration, warehousing, inventory planning, engineering, and others to coordinate cross functional projects
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes, and technology which make our team and suppliers more efficient (and effective)
- Analyze key performance metrics to root cause performance issues and drive change
- Prioritize various improvement opportunities and identified solutions to drive the largest immediate impact
- Regularly communicate performance trends and improvements to senior management and leadership
- Travel to Wayfair and supplier warehouses to view operations first hand
You’re a great fit if you have:
- A Bachelor Degree
- 3+ years of e-commerce, supply chain, operations, or management consulting experience
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- An ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Demonstrated senior presence, recognized as an effective manager. Experience managing others preferred
- An ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative and creative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- A track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.