Senior Software Engineer- iOS Platform
Who we are?
The Customer Help – Native Platforms team empowers customers by providing them world-class solutions to service their needs once an order is placed. Our mission is to provide all the necessary tools to our customers so that they can resolve their order related needs without having to contact Customer Service. We serve a global customer base and build solutions that are used by hundreds of thousands of customers every day. We are a data-driven team that believes in basing our decisions by looking at data and customer feedback. We believe in experimentation through A/B tests or user testing and love to take risks.
Why this team?
We are an new innovative, energetic technology team recently started to focus on solutions directly to helping the customer after a purchase is made. The Customer Help team sits at a perfect intersection of our Storefront Engineering and Operational Engineering organizations. We focus on both iOS and Android applications and provide a sleek and seamless customer experience to complex logistical problems (For example – Returns). Some of the cool projects this team has worked on recently –
- Live tracking on the day of delivery – On the day of delivery, we provide customers with a way to track the real-time location of delivery trucks on a map interface.
- PreCheck Customer Support - Smart flow for customer support to gather useful information about the user and the current issue before contacting customer service. This allows the agents to service the customer quickly and also simplifies the experience for customer.
- Tracking through a Google Home interface – This provides the ability to customers to talk to their Google Home device and ask questions like – “When is my couch arriving” or “When was my rug delivered?”.
What will you do?
As a Senior Software Engineer you will
- Drive the technology forward on Wayfair’s iOS application.
- Challenge the team and yourself to innovate for current business needs and solutions.
- Develop enhanced self-service features for viewing order & delivery information, setting up returns, cancellations and other high impact post order actions.
- Architect and lead major initiatives on the team.
- Challenge existing architectural/code quality and advocate for improvements by setting new standards.
- Work on problems of scale - we have a global audience, you will help build systems that are highly performant, reliable and fault tolerant for users across US, Canada and Europe.
- Be a strong partner to Product Managers and help in running sprint estimations and backlog grooming.
- Be a mentor for junior Engineers on the team.
You have -
- A great team spirit and are someone who easily adapts to the situation and puts the team agenda first.
- Passion to innovate and building great technology.
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or similar
- 3+ years of professional experience as a full stack software engineer.
- 5+ years of iOS experience (Prefer some Android knowledge as well).
- Experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements.
- Great communication skills and ability to communicate development with business users
- Understanding of business impact and business needs from technological standpoint
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.