Product Manager, Category Pages
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Product Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
We’re tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world class experiences. We are organized into small, focused, fully-resourced and empowered teams, to operate with the speed and focus of a startup while benefiting from the resources of an established eCommerce leader.
As a Product Manager on the Category Page team, you will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts and other internal partners to envision, build and deliver customer experiences that impact more than a million customers a day. As the CEO of your products, you’ll be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will transform quantitative and qualitative data from our customers into insights and strategy to drive product development priorities. You will define and own your roadmap, maniacally measure performance, keep a pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business. If you’re doing it right, you’ll have a ton of fun and be learning every day.
The mission of the Category Page team is to provide the customer with all that she needs to find what she’s looking for or to figure out what she wants if she’s not so sure. We are responsible for the pages that lead a customer from the very top of the funnel to the middle, enabling her to narrow down through broad categories of items and delivering her to the specific set of products that meet her needs. Our team’s vision is an ultra-fast, ultra-intuitive experience that gets her exactly where she wants to go, while simultaneously offering her the inspiration, guidance or serendipity she needs to making shopping with us easy, fun and anxiety-free.
How you’ll drive success:
- Build, maintain and execute roadmaps for your product, delivering awesome experiences that drive value for our customers and our business
- Evangelize your product roadmap, motivating your team and gaining buy-in across stakeholders
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data, gathered through AB testing, user experience research and studying competitors, to understand customer needs; transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders and dozens of teams across Wayfair, demonstrating superior communication skills to drive decision making and problem solving
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required
You’re who we’re looking for if you have:
- 2+ years product management experience; 4+ years total professional experience
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience telling stories with data and turning data into actionable insights
- Strong communication skills and experience leading cross-functional teams
- Intellectual curiosity, a passion for learning about new technologies and creative solutions, and enthusiasm for exploring new ideas
- A deep understanding of business/ecommerce strategy and metrics
- Passion for building functional, engaging and delightful user experiences
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and love of customer-focused innovation
- Bachelor’s Degree with strong academic record
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and AB testing practices and/or deep technical proficiency a big plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.