Temporary Category Manager - Strategic Procurement
Wayfair is looking for unique procurement experts to join one of several positions created as part of a firm-wide Procurement transformation and sits on a fairly new Strategic Procurement team that jointly manages upwards of $1.5bn in spend. At Wayfair, we move extremely fast with a laser focus on customer success. That means we need people who focus on more than just cost. We need adaptable doers who are great at engaging with stakeholders, super spend data gurus, flexible and fast multi-taskers, and who possess a true total cost of ownership philosophy. We need the next generation of procurement talent!
The Category Manager will lead the strategic sourcing activities for a wide variety of spend areas within Corporate Services and related categories including: Facilities, Finance, Contingent Labor, and Legal. A plus to have additional experience in other Indirect Procurement categories, such as HR, IT, Travel, and Services Procurement.
This role will be instrumental for driving procurement excellence across these categories. It therefore offers an exceptional opportunity to develop related global category sourcing strategies from the ground up, and on a challenging size and scale.
Additional aspects of the job include:
- Collaborating and working closely with other parts of the organization to implement Total Cost of Ownership improvement opportunities within the specific categories
- Building relationships with suppliers to position Wayfair as a preferred customer, and working with site teams to ensure an uninterrupted supply of quality goods at optimum cost
- Collaborating with peers in other Wayfair businesses to secure benefits from Wayfair’s global scale
- Conduct detailed spend analysis and bench-marking, evaluate market and competitive conditions and use as a basis to create data based Category strategies and sourcing activities
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop and implement effective sourcing strategies for the relevant category in order to ensure quality of services and improve value to Wayfair
- Contract negotiations, market analysis, project management & implementation, subject matter expertise in value creation for assigned commodities, cost savings documentation and tracking
- Manage negotiation process, content and results. Build and lead the negotiation team to deliver the desired outcomes
- Build strong rapport with suppliers and obtain access to supplier senior management
- Establish cross-functional teams to negotiate and implement improved operational and commercial supply outcomes for the business and customers
- Build an accurate spend analysis and benchmarking for Category price movements
- Develop cost savings targets based on aggressive, data backed, realistic and forward oriented goals that align closely with the goals of your business partners, stakeholders and those of Wayfair
- Track and report savings, support procure-to-pay process improvement within the Category area, monitor TCO improvement as well as working capital improvement using the tracking tools in place
- Develop trust within the businesses so that where there are conflicting priorities or other issues so you can ensure that all involved understand the issues and agree with the solutions put forward
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in procurement / strategic sourcing in support of the Real Estate / Facilities, HR, Recruitment, L&D, Relocation & Benefits categories. You'll also need experience working with complex contracts language for large scale deals, and you must thrive in a fast paced environment juggling multiple priorities.
- Procurement, supply chain or other related business degree
- Experience in spend analysis, market and benchmark analysis at a broad level
- Innovation in procurement process experience considered advantageous
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.