Operations Research Analyst
The Operations Planning & Analysis team is looking to add an Operations Research Analyst to their team! This person will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions and develop algorithms that improve the economics of our supply chain network.
Who We Are: The Operations Planning & Analysis team is responsible for all supply chain analytics and the development of algorithms that ultimately enhance the efficiency of our North American and European supply chain networks as Wayfair increases the speed and decreases the cost to deliver product to customers. We are looking for motivated individuals with strong numerical optimization and analysis skills to join our team focusing on inventory management and transportation network modeling and design. You will be responsible for building tools to determine the means to efficiently transport shipments from vendors into our network and ultimately to our customers. You will focus on building models that will be leveraged to drive the optimization of the transportation infrastructure, increase speed of delivery and evaluate opportunities to decrease cost through new initiatives.
What you will do:
• Work on the strategic planning and research initiatives involved with the transportation network including network optimization, and process improvement.
• Build prototypes to demonstrate the benefits from proposed changes to the decision systems and operational processes
• Partner closely with business and IT groups
• Provide analysis using mathematical modeling tools to benchmark existing operations/processes as well as to identify opportunities for improvement
• Work closely with IT teams in enhancing the prototypes and implement them in our production environment
• Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology
• Conduct big data analysis using SQL, Excel, and other software applications
• Effectively communicate with colleagues from computer science, operations research and business backgrounds
Who you are:
• Ph.D. or MS in Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field. Familiarity with the following: theories of optimization including linear programming, mixed-integer programming and network modeling.
• Good communication skills with both technical and business people. Ability to speak at a level appropriate for the audience. Experience applying these skills in both academic teaching environment and a business setting is a plus.
• The ability to implement models and tools through the use of high-level modeling languages (e.g. AMPL, Mosel, R, Matlab).
• Experience prototyping and developing software in traditional programming languages (C++/ Java/ Python/Perl).
• Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
• Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.