HR Senior Associate, Employee Experience
In 2017, Wayfair onboarded over 5,000 new hires and continues to expand in the Boston and Berlin HQs as well as across the US and abroad. Our ability to translate and communicate the internal brand and Wayfair culture as we scale is critical for our success and is a key element in ensuring that we provide a consistently great employee experience across our company.
The Employee Experience, Senior Associate will target key areas of opportunity across the employee lifecycle and will play a central role in helping Wayfair build and execute company policies and procedures that bolster engagement and retention. This role will focus on how to distill what makes Wayfair great, communicate that message across a variety of audiences, and use data to find new and innovative ways to provide best in class employee experiences every day.
We are looking for a talented and highly organized individual who is a critical thinker and enjoys solving problems in creative ways. They exhibit a collaborative, proactive, can-do attitude and thrives in a dynamic and fun environment. This individual should have strong project and program management skills and the ability to drive multiple projects at a time. With the proven ability to work autonomously while also effectively collaborating in a team environment, this new hire will be a “big picture” thinker while simultaneously able to get into the weeds and communicate this message to a variety of people across multiple job functions and levels.
In this role you will provide internal engagement and policy support for the Wayfair Corporate HQ. It will be your responsibility to drive policy changes and operational efficiency in your day to day work. You will identify trends, conduct analyses, and mobilize communication for talent management policy changes, announcements, and all things related to employee experience.
You will also collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to develop and implement policy initiatives to promote a positive employee experience that supports Wayfair’s vision and core values. It will be your responsibility to develop analytic frameworks to evaluate engagement through data (e.g., employee engagement surveys, turnover stats, compensation structures, upward feedback) to help improve employee satisfaction, retention and effectiveness. From these findings, you will identify actionable items where Wayfair can make change that will bolster the employee experience and, through benchmarking and trend analysis, you will create action plans and deliver proposals for areas of opportunity.
- Partner with teams within Talent Management and across the organization, to ensure all talent-related processes and tools align and support our core values
- Synthesize information to work with HR and key stakeholders to develop long-term plans for the Wayfair experience & communication roadmap
- Partner with executive and staff to build efficiencies within the team and improve alignment and communication across the organization in an engaging way
- Develop business project plans/schedules; break projects into actionable components, and provide data-based recommendations
- Own and/or assist with communication design, messaging, and timeline management for internal projects, crafting and publishing a wide variety of materials such as presentations, email messages, web content, newsletters, etc.
Bachelors Degree equivalent experience
Relevant areas of study: Organizational Psychology, Communications, Marketing, English, Business, Human Resource Management, Management Information Systems, Operations & Project Management
- 3+years of experience in employee or internal communications for a large, fast-paced company
- Extraordinary written and presentation skills
- Strong executive presence, ability to work confidently with senior leaders and build consensus
- Experience working autonomously and taking a data-driven approach to pitching work to stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to create and cultivate productive business partnerships
- Culture design and transformation experience a plus
- Consulting or project management experience is a plus
- Workday experience is a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.