Do you have the business savvy and problem-solving skills necessary to thrive in a start-up environment? Are you looking to hit the ground running and have an immediate impact in a highly visible role? If so, you may be a great fit for Wayfair!
Wayfair is looking for Warehouse Associates for our new Mississauga, Ontario, distribution centre. These associates will play a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business in Canada by ensuring that our merchandise is handled with care at all touch points. Our Warehouse Associates will manage our warehouse inventory, including receiving, put away, and picking orders.
What you will do:
Unload and process receipts of inbound furniture orders, which will require manually moving some large, heavy goods
- Use RF scanning technology to document pertinent carton level information, including condition, quantity, and warehouse location of material
- Proactively monitor order management systems to ensure that all orders have been received properly and that detailed descriptions are provided for any Overage/Shortage/Damage issues
- Perform regular cycle counts to ensure inventory is accurate and up to date
- Pick deliveries from inventory and stage them by truck and stop number
- Provide direct input into the existing user tools and make recommendations for improvements based on your everyday experience
Who you are:
- Strong, consistent work ethic
- Able to work strategically as part of a team
- Comfort with computers and RF scanning technology. Experience with High Jump WMS a plus.
- Customer-centric approach
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement and driving process improvements
- Experienced in Logistics, Transportation and/or Customer Service. One or more years of experience driving forklift equipment (end-riders, order pickers, counterbalance and/or reach trucks) a plus.
Wayfair is committed to recruiting and hiring the best candidates for all roles, and from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Wayfair is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Wayfair Recruiting.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.