Business Analyst, Forecasting & Analytics
Business Analyst, Forecasting & Analytics
Wayfair is seeking a motivated, analytical individual to join the Workforce Management, Forecasting & Analytics team. The right candidate must possess acute business acumen and be relentlessly curious about all facets of Wayfair’s Sales & Service model and how the various aspects of workforce planning fit together. Coupling quantitative and data visualization skills with a strong ability to communicate and a desire to continually improve process, the Business Analyst impacts decisions by effectively identifying efficiency gaps and providing Sales & Service management with timely reporting and analysis.
The Workforce Management (WFM) team sits at the epicenter of Wayfair’s rapidly expanding Sales & Service organization, and is a critical cog in ensuring a successful customer experience. From effective headcount planning, to efficient schedule management, to real-time performance monitoring, WFM utilizes a combination of art and data science to mobilize customer-facing agents across over 8 locations in North America & Europe. As Wayfair continues to expand, the Sales & Service team is constantly evolving by focusing on offering differentiated support with fast resolution. The WFM Forecasting & Analytics team supports this ambitious goal by creating models to build the headcount ramp and hiring plan, measuring retention and engagement levels throughout the organization, and compiling detailed and accurate contact interval forecasts. Since the environment and landscape within Sales & Service constantly changes, the Business Analyst must be quick to react, thrive on challenging the status quo, and utilize a self-directed approach by adding constant enhancements to their output.
- Build resource planning models for the various segments of Sales & Service by understanding key workload drivers and operational metrics
- Create and maintain headcount models for Sales & Service organization
- Compile detailed accurate financial forecasts for Sales & Service serving as primary stakeholder for key variables impacting expense performance
- Lead, aggregate, analyze and report on operational and financial performance
- Analyze and measure retention statistics of agents and employees across multiple parameters
- Support drive to improve customer contact forecasting accuracy by employing new techniques and statistical tools
- Consult with Sales & Service business leaders / partners to develop analyses that probe into potential areas of improvement / emphasis across the business
- Design and build reports, dashboards, and analyses in Excel, Tableau, PowerPoint that synthesize complex data into digestible components
- Consult with internal business partners to expand and improve baseline of management reports across multiple geographies, incorporating nuances / differences that exist across markets
- BA/BS with strong academic record
- 0-3 years of experience in a quantitative role
- +Experience with Excel (pivot tables etc. ), SQL knowledge a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.