Product Manager- Service
Are you passionate about e-commerce, understanding consumer behavior, and creating intuitive and efficient solutions? Do you like the complexity of a global company and also crave the fast-paced nature of a rapidly growing startup where you can build and mentor a world-class product management team? We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead the design and implementation of best-in-class customer facing tools and communications that enable our customer service agents to provide a world class customer service experience.
Wayfair’s Operations Product Innovation - Service Products team is looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead a team through the design and implementation of best-in-class internally facing order management tools and capabilities for our global Customer Service organization. The successful candidate will marry customer service agent feedback and usage patterns with operational data to rapidly plan and execute experiments that will have the biggest impact on the customer post-order experience. You will partner with key operational stakeholders to understand the organization's internal customer service needs, and work with a team of associates to benchmark current operational performance, identify gaps in current product capabilities, and develop a learning agenda and execution plan that will help get us there.
In This Role You Will:
- Work with a team of product managers and engineers to drive product development for key internally facing order management tools
- Develop a deep understanding of current user workflows
- Proactively assess performance of the toolset towards operational goals
- Drive the roadmap of improvements to user experience, agent efficiency and usability of existing tools
- Work closely with key stakeholders and other internal teams to identify key business needs - how the internally-facing order management tools and function should change to accommodate the evolving needs of the business
- Benchmark current state KPIs to identify enhancement opportunities and utilize data to understand the scope, impact, and priority of projects
- Drive the execution on those improvement efforts through close-knit partnerships with our end-users, stakeholders, and partners
- Monitor performance of the team’s initiatives and measure impact of product enhancements
- Work cross functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans and the team on the highest impact activities
Who We’re Looking For:
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- 4+ years of experience in operations, retail, engineering, consulting and/or finance with a history of driving results
- A demonstrated record of strong product management and driving results (preferably e-commerce), ideally with internal end-user tools & systems
- Strong quantitative reasoning and ability to proactively deep dive and dig into data and KPIs to assess internal user behavior and to identify key improvements to the tool sets
- Strong UX/UI background - Ability to define and set a product vision/direction in terms of the user experience and overall usability
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and motivate and lead teams to move beyond existing practices
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinking with customer focused mindset
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Technical and analytical aptitude or background
- Preferred experience with SQL and complex data structures
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology, business discipline, or MBA a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.