Sr. Visual and UX Designer (Design Services-Product Design team)
Are you constantly dissecting the experience of your favorite apps? Have you passively solved the push/pull door dilemma on your own? Is a good day one where you’ve learned something new? Have you recently been told that you incessantly ask “Why?”
If you answered “Yes!” to the above, we’ve got to meet.
We’re the product design team at Wayfair, and we’re tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. From finding that perfect item via AR to scheduling installation services, we’re solving new problems every day in our online and offline experiences for our tens of millions of customers.
In this hybrid Visual design and UX role, you will be responsible for conceptualizing and producing high-quality creative work across a variety of customer touch points. The Sr. Visual/UX designer in this role will work with a newly formed product within the Wayfair team that helps customers enhance their online shopping, delivery, and installation experience. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of app design, mobile design, responsive design and UX design. Additionally the perfect candidate will show a strong professional trajectory with exceptional and continually evolving design skills that highlight flawless execution. Strong preference will be given to candidates with proven multi-layered design experience within a consumer facing an e-commerce background.
- Raise the bar for product design at Wayfair
- Keep an eye on the greater picture across the experience
- Seek out and utilize data to make informed design decisions
- Ensure visual consistency of customer experience and brand voice across various app and mobile touch points.
- Support the Mobile design team in defining and refining our visual language, brand vernacular, style guides and visual asset library
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and other product designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Conceptualize and create pixel-perfect design mockups from sketches, wireframes, and other UX deliverables
- Manage time effectively and work on multiple project timelines simultaneously in a demanding deadline-driven environment
- Communicate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely, while also being open to receiving feedback and direction as needed
- Contribute to and utilize a design system to get your ideas in front of customers faster and grow consistency in their experience
- Inspire designers, user researchers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers to deliver the best work of their careers
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Fluency in all areas of visual design with exceptional skills in typography and layout
- Familiarity with key aspects of user experience, online consumer purchase behavior, and data-rich environments where robust data is used to inform design decisions and creative expression to achieve business objectives
- Exceptional oral & written communication skills with an ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members, stakeholders, and internal clients
- An eagerness to mentor and elevate other members of the creative and event production teams
- Knowledge of retail trends, editorial design, and shelter magazines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to keep abreast of innovative design trends and web technologies
- Experience in everything mobile and app design is required
- Experience in responsive email design is required
Who you are:
- A builder of engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- A coach who enjoys helping others learn new things
- A passionate advocate for the customer who never loses sight of the big picture
- A curious mind who rarely settles for your first answer and constantly seeks new ways to solve problems
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates who submit both a resume and portfolio will be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in graphic design, visual communication, or related field
- 5-10 years of professional visual design and UX experience
- Outstanding creativity demonstrated in a portfolio that highlights brand work, visual design execution, and thought-leadership pieces
- Strong conceptual thinking
- Superior knowledge of design-applicable programs: InVision, Sketch, Creative Suite
- Strong understanding of online design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment
- Ability to present design ideas clearly and convincingly
- Strong time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A true passion for design and style
- An affinity for current industry developments, design trends, and technologies
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem solving skills
- An interest in online shopping/e-commerce
- Sense of humor a must
This is an awesome opportunity to contribute your talents to a highly skilled design team and craft solutions that will lead our industry. If this is the challenge you’re seeking, please let us know why and feel free to share any of your thoughts, stories, or work that you have floating around online. We’d love to get to know you!
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.