Sr. Network Engineer
Wayfair is already a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home, but we’re not done! Come help us build the technical foundation of this rapidly growing e-commerce behemoth-to-be. The Corporate Network and Voice team needs smart, talented engineers to grow the network (more offices, more ports, wifi, etc).
We’re looking for sharp, logical, thinkers who find understanding and optimization of networks intrinsically fun and interesting and want to build their career around it. Someone who embraces having a broad understanding, and enjoys developing a deep knowledge.
On the Corporate Network and Voice team you’ll have tons of opportunities to flex your strengths as well as learn new things. The corporate network at Wayfair underpins all of our headquarter offices, call centers, and warehouses across the US and abroad. Leave the legacy tech for the history books, no frame relay or controller based WLAN here, we adopt leading tech quickly (Palo Alto, Aerohive, Cisco ACI, Cisco Meraki to name but a few) and continuously push our designs to be stable, high performance, fast to deploy, and efficient to manage. This position is focused on work within our campus offices, warehouses and call centers and specifically the technical lead to rollout of all new offices, warehouses and call centers.
What the Wayfair Corporate Network and Voice team does:
- Scales our Corporate Headquarter sites in the USA and Europe to support our growing Business.
- Rapidly rollout new offices, call centers, and warehouses to complement the business growth
- Smoke out problems and find the root cause of issues and suggest/implement fixes
- Maintain our wired and wireless infrastructure, by staying up on patches, adding capacity, rolling out new features
- Design, implement and support our Call Center environment.
- Design, implement and support our Warehouse network environment.
- Communicate with internal and external parties to refine requests and create a design/plan to address the true goal (which is not necessarily the same as the request)
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where you are empowered to use your technical and business skills to drive large, complex projects from start to finish without oppressive oversight.
- You have a desire to automate everything, even if that means you need to learn how to program in Python & REST.
- You possess very strong troubleshooting skills and have a desire to jump in and solve problems.
- You have a curious technical appetite and an aptitude for learning advanced network technologies
- A bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university is preferred but not required
- You have 5+ years of experience with OSPF and BGP routing protocols in a 24x7 environment.
- You have 5+ years of experience with advanced (Next Generation) network firewalls.
- You are fluid with firewall security policy administration and filter rules i.e. ACLs, IPS/IDS etc.
- You have strong experience configuring and supporting VPNs (IPSEC and SSL).
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication, and team building skills
- You don’t get frustrated when assignments change and you adjust easily to shifting priorities.
- Very comfortable with VPNs (IPSEC and SSL) and NAT.
- Good understanding of wireless technology (G / N / AC) and their fundamentals and common external factors.
- Exposure to VOIP networks and Call Centers, Cisco preferred (CUCM and UCCE).
- Participate in an on-call rotation providing 24/7 support of Wayfair's campus locations.
Other traits we look for:
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.