Cross dock Supervisor - DE Warehouse (m/f)
- Located in Kassel, Central Germany
Wayfair is embarking on a strategic initiative to optimize its EU Operation to deliver better experiences to our customers. The Cross-dock Supervisor/Team leader oversees the operations of a distribution X-dock which serves to deconsolidate inbound Truck Loads and LTL shipments and build outbound shipments of merchandise destined for sale.
- Manage all administrative personnel associated with the cross-dock
- Ensures that product is trans loaded correctly and proper procedures and safety codes are followed by all personnel
- Assists stake holders with any questions, problems, or customer service issues
- Develop initiatives to benefit and improve all facets of the cross-dock operation
- Support the company’s mission and goals, including applicable key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Complies with all safety standards and requirements to assure a safe and hazard-free workplace
What Wayfair is looking for:
- You have good knowledge in warehousing and cross-dock operations
- Bachelor degree is a plus
- You are fluent in English
- You are a medium-advance user of Microsoft Excel
- You are a “hands-on” mindset and you don’t have a problem to get to the minimum details in a process and be an active part on the “ground” operation
- You make things move and constantly push for results
- You like changes and constantly challenging new process alternatives
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course, the usual competitive salary and bonus.
- We contribute to your gym membership, workshops and other exciting events.
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in Kassel but also Berlin, United Kingdom and USA operations.
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.