Business Analyst, B2C Sales Strategy & Analytics
Business Analyst, B2C Sales Portfolio Strategy and Analytics
Wayfair is seeking a relentlessly curious, solutions-oriented Senior Analyst to join our rapidly growing B2C Sales Portfolio Strategy and Analytics team. We rely on this team to provide the thought leadership and analytic rigor needed to drive our rapidly scaling inside sales channel.
Wayfair’s inside sales team is comprised of product experts and sales agents who help our B2C customers select and purchase more complex, design-heavy, or technically sophisticated products from our ever-expanding assortment. The Portfolio Strategy and Analytics team is responsible for developing and executing on both business and operational strategies that generate exponential revenue growth and improvements in sales efficiency and customer experience.
The team is highly cross-functional, working closely with Sales leaders and partners in Data Science, Category, Brand, Product Management, Finance, Marketing, and Storefront to grow the B2C sales channel.
About the role:
In this new highly analytical role, you will be a key contributor. Each Senior Business Analyst is aligned with one or more teams within B2C Sales, and partners with those teams to help them achieve their goals. Whether you’re measuring operational performance, aggregating Salesforce data, planning for the coming months and quarters, analyzing customer behavior and trends, or optimizing SQL queries, you will be working with cutting edge technology and large and multi-terabyte datasets.
This team will think critically to tackle complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a high-growth opportunity. There are significant growth opportunities for the new Portfolio Strategy and Analytics team members to emerge as leaders, taking on additional projects and responsibilities with strong performance.
- Apply data findings to extract insights
- Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems with deep customer focus, applying advanced analytical methods as needed
- Wrangle data from multiple sources including sales, product, and customer databases to create insights used to drive decision-making and understand business performance
- Work with several large and complex databases
- Collaborate cross-functionally to prioritize ad-hoc requests, evaluate new business initiatives and conduct operational and financial planning
- Build a strong understanding of B2C Operations and KPIs that impact overall business performance such as call efficiency, conversion rates etc
- Present business cases and analysis to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline such as: Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Business or Finance
- 2+ years of work experience rooted in analytical problem solving
- Prior management consulting, investment banking or professional services experience or internship is a plus
- Strong analytical background extracting insights and operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable takeaways
- Proficiency in Excel & SQL required, or other data processing and analytics tools preferred
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating with cross-functional team
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.