Associate Product Manager, Measurement & External Analytics Platforms
Associate Product Manager, Measurement & External Platforms
Introduction to the Team
The Ad Tech + Customer Intelligence team manages and builds a best-in-class marketing technology stack. From a recommendations engine, to DSP integrations, to a Data Management Platform – we are building an intelligent, efficient and automated toolset to assist our marketers and provide the most leverage possible. This work stream takes full advantage of other proprietary systems to create a fast iteration cycle and easy development.
As the Associate Product Manager for Measurement & External Platforms, your core task is to leverage external data from third parties to measure & evaluate the success of new business initiatives as well as enhance our in-house data-driven attribution models. Ideal candidate is hands-on and data-savvy. Candidate will serve as a subject matter expert, bridging the gap between external measurement platforms and helping internal stakeholders and marketers collect, use, and properly leverage this data.
- Become a subject matter experience - learn your product inside and out and be able to answer almost any question about customer data and audience segments.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, data scientists, marketers and external vendors to leverage external data and help build best in class measurement frameworks and attribution models.
- Engage with business stakeholders and analysts to ensure that the data are organized, accessible, and easy to activate in multiple marketing use cases.
- Work with large and complex SQL, Hive, Vertica databases, and external data environments.
- Prioritize many requests and ideas for features by understanding the business value and impact, weighed against the risk and development time.
- Maintain a product vision and roadmap, keeping stakeholders and constituents up to date on the top level goals and timelines.
- Market your product internally to various departments to ensure all available users know about your product and how they could benefit from it.
- Provide regular trainings and communications on the product to various audiences.
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds).
- Intermediate SQL - must demonstrate an ability to understand table schemas, join techniques, and common operatives like WHERE, CASE, etc.
- Proven analytical / quantitative analysis skills, especially when working with web-based (big) data. Statistical analysis a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication and a demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences, work across several stakeholder groups, and cultivate senior presence
- Ability to structure problems, develop clear hypotheses, and prioritize work against the largest impact initiatives.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.