Supplier Performance Manager
Supplier Performance Manager, Supplier Operations
Boston, MA, United States
Wayfair is looking for a talented, driven, and entrepreneurial leader to build and execute strategy to help us transform a network of thousands of individual vendor businesses into a flawless fulfillment network. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. Due to the high visibility with senior leadership throughout the organization, they must also possess strong senior presence. This person will be responsible for the coordination and alignment of a half dozen different operational groups to deliver drop-ship focused technical and logistical solutions within our network. The ideal candidate for this job has leadership experience in a matrix organization, where communication, influencing others and prioritization are as valued as much as project execution and opportunity identification.
We welcome applications from high caliber professionals who are looking for the next chapter of their careers, for whom home goods & décor are a meaningful arena to use the skills they developed in generalist business settings. Please reach out and highlight how your experience can be leveraged to contribute to the success of the next great e-commerce business.
About Our Teams:
Our Supplier Performance Teams are responsible for transforming a network of thousands of individual vendor businesses into a flawless fulfillment network. We manage the supplier fulfillment network for Wayfair, Joss & Main, All Modern, Wayfair Supply, Birchlane, and Perigold. In addition to working extensively with our external partners (suppliers, carriers), we are plugged into every department within the company – from finance to marketing.
What you will do:
- Analyze key performance metrics to root cause performance issues and drive change
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and collaborate to improve their operational performance
- Report performance trends and improvements to senior management
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes which make our team and suppliers more efficient (and effective)
- Work cross functionally with groups company-wide, including Category Management, Buying, Data Integration, and Warehouse Fulfillment
- Attend tradeshows to visit key suppliers
- Travel to supplier warehouses to view their operations first hand
- Drive supplier adoption of key tools and technology (EDI, inventory, and supplier extranet)
You’re a great fit if you have:
- A Bachelor Degree
- 4+ years of e-commerce, retail merchandising or management consulting experience
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- A Track record of successful negotiation and relationship management skills
- An Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Demonstrated senior presence, recognized as an effective manager. Experience managing others preferred
- An Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- A Track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.