The Project Manager will be a key member of the Wayfair Industrial Engineering team. The PM will work closely with both the IE team and the various Warehouse Operations groups. The PMs primary role is to own projects from start to finish, identify and implement “Best Practices” and “Best Methods”, support tracking of key performance indicators & initiate process improvements throughout the operation. The PM will own scope, schedule and cost of various projects. PM experience required. Experience in warehouse or manufacturing preferred.
- Provides project management support for process development and improvement initiatives to reinforce the goal of Operational Excellence
- Provides change management guidance, assists with process and equipment validation including but not limited to development, training, documentation and reporting
- Generates and assesses metrics for dissemination of trends that affect service quality and customer reviews through the use of statistics and quality engineering tools
- Knowledge of data mining techniques (SQL)
- Manage projects related to LMS, WMS and Process Improvement.
- Knowledge of Space planning and layout design (AutoCad)
- Support the development of RFPs as needed
- Work with multifunctional teams to drive projects to completion
- Perform ROI Analysis and Procurement for various supply chain solutions including hardware, software, & supporting technology
- Return on Investment / Operational audits
- Practices safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times
- Travel required – 40%
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related field
- 1-3 years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of hands on project management experience or warehouse continuous improvement in lieu of bachelor’s degree
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.