North American Retail Associate, Winter Graduates!
Are you a driven self-starter who enjoys executing strategy by taking innovative approaches? Are you constantly thinking of ways to improve a customer’s online shopping experience? Do you get excited about learning and collaborating with a team to achieve winning outcomes? Does an open and fast-paced work environment excite you? Do you want to help grow the next billion dollars of revenue for a hyper growth ecommerce company?
Wayfair is growing and committed to hiring analytical, entrepreneurial, and results-oriented graduates to become the next generation of leaders across the business. These individuals will demonstrate their leadership skills, quantitative mindset, and will execute strategic and cross-functional projects for their respective teams. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to enter the e-commerce space for the first time or those seeking a new challenge to accelerate the growth of our business.
Successful candidates will be placed into key functions across the business dependent on a combination of interest, skills and experience, and growth potential. When applying, please indicate your top choices for functional areas of interest (in order of preference). If we notice a stronger fit for a team other than those indicated in the application, we will consider you for that as well.
Wayfair's North American Retail team is composed of Wayfair’s lead merchandising teams focused on generating high revenue growth. Dedicated teams run category-specific businesses, such as furniture, bedding, seasonal décor, lighting, tabletop and are responsible for managing the overall health of the category, primarily by building and growing strong supplier relationships. In addition to category teams, we have curation-focused teams that drive category strategy through promotions, exclusive brand development, catalog design and site merchandising. This group is a great opportunity for candidates interested in a General Management track at Wayfair.
Detailed responsibilities will vary by team; however typical responsibilities include:
- Managing communication with internal and external stakeholder
- Targeting opportunity areas and recommending solutions to drive results
- Using creative strategy and data to communicate efficiently
- Analyzing high level business trends to improve the customer experience and conversion on site
- Identify new, profitable opportunities for targeting and segmentation
- Driving negotiations
- Collaborating frequently with other Wayfair departments
- Researching categories and vendors to build out selection
- Running competitive landscape analysis
- Representing Wayfair at various offsite events such as trade shows
- Interacting with Wayfair site on a daily basis
- Competitive shopping analysis
- Report on performance trends and improvements
- December, 2018 graduate date required
- Strong academic record
- A desire to win and drive collaboration cross functionally
- Passionate about the customer with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable learning data analysis tools
- Ability to hit the ground running- a confident self-starter
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior and innovative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to thrive as part of a team or individually
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Positive, energetic attitude, sense of humor
- Willingness to be flexible and take responsibility for multiple tasks as necessary
- Experience in Excel is a plus
- An eye for style, visual composition and attention to detail
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.