Category & Business Development Associate
Must be legally authorized to work in the UK for this role
Are you ready to kick off your career in eCommerce? Looking for a fast paced, fun and entrepreneurial environment to develop your skills? Interested in working with a high- growth multinational company in the heart of London? Then we want to hear from you!
We are searching high and low for our next talented Category & Business Development Associate to help us grow our business in Europe.
In this role, you will
- Own commercial relationships with our suppliers across Europe, negotiating business terms and driving growth.
- Work on and drive business-critical projects to grow both revenue and profitability within your category.
- Collaborate with internal teams as the commercial expert in your area (merchandising, marketing, operations, finance) to advance your category’s business agenda.
If you have good business acumen, love building partnerships, want to learn or improve savvy negotiation skills and above all are keen to move fast, learn fast and be a critical part of a high growth environment, this position might be for you!
What You'll Do:
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers within a specific category.
- Drive strategic supplier relationship management. You will be their Wayfair go-to person and own the relationship on an ongoing basis.
- Manage negotiations with existing suppliers including pricing, annual incentive programs, advertising programs and promotions.
- Conduct regular meetings and calls with suppliers to review the business and promote our Wayfair business goals.
- Travel to trade shows with you Category Manager and Director (4 - 6 trips per year).
- Analyse data to strategize profit growth opportunities for the category and suppliers.
- Support catalogue expansion by identifying product gaps, prioritising new lines and building direct relationships with potential suppliers.
- Analyse competitors’ marketing, selection and pricing, making changes and product scouting as needed
- Collaborate with our talented teams to drive category goals (Inventory Planning, Advertising, Site Merchandising, Supplier Operations, Business Intelligence)
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and motivation to meet mutual goals.
- A committed team player with a strong desire to win and to drive collaboration with cross-functional teams and individuals
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills - you won’t stop until you get to the root cause of problems and implement solutions
- A strong desire to take ownership and calculated risk in a fast paced and changing environment
- An internal hunger to produce great results and execute on an array of initiatives.
- 1-2 years experience
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a range of benefits.
- An agile and energetic work environment - your progression at Wayfair is based on results not on hours spent in the office.
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program.
- A flat hierarchy with easy access to senior management.
- Private medical, dental insurance, pension, gym membership discounts, team pod outings, and more!
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.