Director of Site Navigation
Director of Site Navigation
Wayfair operates at massive scale and complexity. With over 10 million products and 150k new products added each month we have a billions of data points in our catalog. As the Director of Site Navigation you will be leading the strategic design of enabling customers to easily discover the breadth of our growing catalog and inspire them to find something they love in for their home across Wayfair.com globally. The Director of Site Navigation will lead the team that ensures customers can confidently find, evaluate, and select products through establishing a methodology that removes clutter and creates an intuitive and streamlined path to product. This role will touch every one of Wayfair’s 12 million global active customers and contribute to every purchase making up the $6B revenue coming through our sites and apps.
At the heart of this role lies a really hard question: how can we perfect the shopping experience for millions of customers shopping a catalog with millions of diverse, often complex products (e.g., grills, beds, wall art, rugs, flatware)? How do you ensure customers can find what they need in ways that are streamlined and efficient, yet also balanced with discovery? How do we provide a cohesive front end and scalable back end? And, what works for both internal and external sources of traffic?
This role would report to the Global Head of Merchandising and partner with merchandising teams that are driving class-level insights and product managers who are enabling execution.
- Step into the shoes of our customer and deeply understand the customer journey – how does she shop? How does she search? What is she looking for?
- Analyze and establish a best in class navigational tree to create a clear path to discovery, yet also enabling “one click to product.”
- Highlight the breadth of our offering, surface seasonal and trending product groups while making navigation easy, clear and accessible.
- Balance SEO value with navigational needs and investment classes to build awareness of diverse set of products and brands.
- Drive testing strategies and analyze qualitative and quantitative attributes to optimize search terms, landing pages, click rates, NPS, reduce bonus rates, etc.
- Be an inspiring and humble leader for fast-growing and evolving team.
- Work closely with the executive team and senior leaders from across Wayfair (marketing, product management, category) to ensure the vision for the core shopping aisle aligns with broader company strategy; be a passionate advocate for the customer throughout the organization.
- 10+ years’ experience, those with exceptional leadership and business experience looking to make a transition from consulting and other industries into ecommerce
- 3+ years’ experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Technical background, or technical orientation preferred – past experience as a product manager beneficial
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.