Senior Safety Manager
The Site Safety Manager will be a self-starter that will be responsible for partnering with both site operations teams and other safety leaders nationally in multiple Fulfillment Centers to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. Candidate must be able to lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our associates. A successful Site Safety Supervisor will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Teams and inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis. The Site Safety Supervisor must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing.
- Plan, develop and implement safety training for new employee orientation and annual required training.
- Manage the warehouse safety effort and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e. lockout/tag out, confined space, fall protection, powered industrial trucks and company policies and procedures.
- Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices.
- Conduct inspections of facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulatory compliance.
- Develop, implement and administer hazard control methods, safety procedures and security programs.
- Develop, implement and maintain warehouse management safety accountability program.
- Ensure Worker’s Compensation Claim Management program is administered in an effective and compliant manner in conjunction with the Human Resources department including incident investigations, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Respond and provide assistance in all emergency situations.
- Develop and conduct safety training programs and create a strong safety culture.
- Report and/or review findings from incident investigations and facility inspections,
- Review employee safety training programs to determine their adequacy.
- Skills assessments and tracking in regard to SOP’s, safety and cross training.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership team.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience as a safety and occupational health coordinator in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements that govern worker health and safety; physical assessment and ergonomic skills; case management skills; strong presentation skills for training required
- Strong analytical skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization; experience in a multi-shift operation a plus; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Work hours will be flexible to support multiple buildings with multiple shifts with dynamic changing business needs.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.