Associate Director of Product Management, Availability Systems
Wayfair is looking for a strategic product leader to join our Operations Product Innovation department and lead our Availability product team.
You will lead a small team of product managers and associates to define and execute the product strategy and roadmap for core availability strategies, with a mission to dramatically improve consumers’ experience by ensuring the items they want are available for purchase with the ideal delivery experience. You will work cross-functionally with senior management, making appropriate project-related tradeoffs across brands and measuring success of the team’s investments. This is a new initiative team, and includes significant visibility and collaboration with senior leaders across several Wayfair functions.
The Availability team is charged with keeping the right items in stock, in the right place, at the right time. You will build a product platform, and evolve existing products, that support development of in-stock strategies and the execution of these strategies in the form of inventory positioning and management capabilities. This includes integrations to address required capacity and resources to support the items and in-stock positions we need. You will build products that create accurate and usable demand forecasts and enable cross-functional collaboration on demand between merchandising, pricing, planning, supply chain, and logistics teams. You will work to connect availability strategies to replenishment and positioning products that result in the right items, in the right quantities, in the right place, at the right time, sourced optimally to set up the ideal delivery experience for Wayfair customers, oriented around speed and convenience of delivery, service availability, and price points that delight. You will also work to define vision for inventory positioning optimization to drive cost and complexity out of the supply chain to create transformative value for Wayfair’s vendors and non-vendor partners.
What you will do:
- Partner with senior leaders to define initiative vision and strategy
- Define and measure business impact, and monitor performance of the team’s initiatives
- Work with your team to translate vision into robust, intuitive, scalable products
- Lead cross-functional teams in annual, quarterly, and monthly planning and prioritization
- Develop and maintain technology platform roadmap and regularly update to key partners and stakeholders
- Counsel business leaders in operations and other departments on strategy, optimization, process definition, and execution
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of your product space and technology platform
- Lead and mentor a team of product managers and associates
- Work closely with senior management across Wayfair to ensure vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements
- Contribute meaningfully to the development of product management fundamentals and execution of OPI at large
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Demonstrated competency leading strategic decision making in multi-functional spaces
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Evidence of lean startup execution and “get it done” attitude
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- 5+ years product management experience working with operational or merchandising systems, preferably in an Agile environment
- 3+ years’ experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Strong project management skill with ability to get things done
- Educational background in either a technology or business discipline preferred
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology
- Proficient and comfortable with relational database query languages and data architecture
- Subject matter familiarity of demand planning, replenishment and procurement processes preferred
- Subject matter familiarity in merchandising and marketing strategy also strongly preferred
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.