Operations Software Business Analyst
Sample projects include:
- Improving tools used to manage warehouse stocking program
- Re-engineering our transportation work flow for Canadian orders
- Expanding upon the company’s carrier & supplier extranet functionality
- Translate high-level business problem definition into more detailed specification of required IT solution.
- When presented with a symptom of a system issue, use SQL, data analytics, and other research tools to find patterns and help identify the root cause.
- Work with engineers to QA and roll out new tools or enhancements, ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved.
- Identify and opportunities to improve efficiency or usability of our existing software tools
Traits we are looking for:
- A solid understanding of application programming, database and system design.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Creative thinking and the desire to move beyond existing practices
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
- An easy-going attitude and strong sense of humor
- BA/BS degree in from a 4-year college or university
- 1-2 years’ experience (NO MORE THAN THAT, PLEASE) in business analysis/requirements definition/and process improvement
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing implementation projects from start to finish
- A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills, basic SQL skills
- Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering degree a plus
Wayfair, founded in 2002, is the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States. The company owns and operates Wayfair, AllModern, and Joss & Main. Wayfair ended 2012 with over $600 million in revenue and currently employs over 1,200 employees in offices located in Boston (HQ), Utah (Customer Care & Distribution), Kentucky (Distribution), the U.K, Germany, Ireland and Australia.
Wayfair was named Private Company of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council, and selected by Glassdoor.com as a Top Company To Work For and Top Company For Well Balanced Life, and #16 on Forbes list of America’s Most Promising Companies. It's a great time to join and help build the next great ecommerce company!
Wayfair is located in the Back Bay section of Boston, MA.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WayfairInsider
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.