IT Builds Engineer
IT Builds Engineer
Boston, MA with up to 50% travel
At Wayfair, we are looking to grow our Wayfair IT Operations team by bringing on board a talented individual who wants broad exposure to the technologies that support our infrastructure and our large-scale Internet e-commerce platform. We offer an opportunity for talented individuals to get on board with a fast-paced rapidly growing organization.
As a Site Deployment/IT Builds Engineer, you will collaborate with a talented team and dive into challenging technical problems to meet tight deadlines. This job requires a unique combination of flexibility, creativity, innovation, leadership, and effective communication. You will travel extensively (~50%) to our current and future locations in the United States and Canada.
- Traveling to new warehouse and office locations to assist in the setup and deployment of networking equipment, endpoint devices, and computers
- Preparing and deploying desktop computers, VOIP phones and warehouse technologies (such as wired and wireless scan guns, packing stations) and other office equipment
- Promoting and maintaining a high quality, professional, service & adoption oriented company image among users
- Responding to and resolving Teams ticketed requests
- Performing follow up, testing, and troubleshooting of hardware/software
- Managing relationships with multiple internal teams and external vendors during on-site implementation and making sure of high quality on-time delivery
- Provide remote support for team members who are traveling
- Current IT Support Experience
- A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tight deadlines concurrently and prioritize appropriately
- Excellent communication and customer services skills with a strong attention to detail
- Active directory experience, including Group Policy Objects and User Profiles
- Working knowledge of basic networking topics such as IP and subnet management, DNS, and DHCP and experience with routers, switches, and firewalls
- Knowledge of SCCM, CUCM, SQL or vSphere is an advantage
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development
- We’re in the heart of the Boston's Back Bay with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Subsidized gym membership, free yoga classes and wellness weeks
- Subsidized free snacks, fresh fruits and coffee
- Subsidized public transport
- Discounts on Wayfair.comfor employee purchases
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, decor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 12,000 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.