The Assistant Site Lead (ASL) will report directly to the Site Support Lead. The ASL will be responsible for coordinating and completing tasks associated with the day-to-day physical operations of the site Layton, UT site. The objective is to help ensure a safe, clean, welcoming, and efficient environment for our employees while promoting Wayfair culture. The ASL will work directly with a variety of vendors and employees, and consistently present themselves in a professional and helpful manner. Previous experience in a customer service role is highly desired.
- Stock office supplies, snacks, coffee, soda, and fruit.
- Arrange/tidy conference rooms.
- Clean and organize kitchens and kitchenettes.
- Have ability to respond to work orders and place work orders in the system.
- Assist with badging for new employees.
- Assemble and move furniture.
- Survey all office areas and identify any maintenance concerns.
- Assist with all deliveries.
- Assist with the coordination, set-up, and take-down of meetings and events.
- Promote and nurture Wayfair culture to local employees.
- Respond appropriately in an emergency.
- Able to work off hours when required.
- Report regularly and effectively to the Site Lead on all aspects of site operations.
- Assist Site Lead with administrative tasks such as Chromeriver and PO’s.
- Other duties as assigned by the Site Lead.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a corporate setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized with the ability to calmly juggle competing priorities.
- Strong customer service orientation and sense of urgency on all site matters.
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office.
- Able to work as a productive and flexible team member.
- Confident self-starter.
- Energetic and friendly.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.