Analytics Project Manager
About the Team
The Analytics Program Management team is on a mission to bring efficiency, visibility, structure, and process to our organization. We are a team of pragmatic, action-oriented project managers who are focused on creating the right balance of support, prioritization, and streamlining to help our teams achieve their goals. Our team is strategically aligned to support the Business Intelligence Group, acting as catalysts to help deliver targeted analytics and actionable insights to a diverse set of stakeholders.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to embed yourself in a team of technical analysts and own key processes that help the team execute on key initiatives faster, more accurately, and more effectively. You will develop vital leadership skills, have the opportunity to partner with key leaders across multiple functions, and hone highly desirable Agile Methodology and Project Management skills.
What you will do
- Serve as Scrum Master to 4 Analytics Product engineering lines, supporting the operational success of a diverse set of processes including request intake, backlog grooming, sprint and release planning, test planning and execution, incident management, and team retrospectives
- Provide proactive communication to both internal and external stakeholder groups regarding work prioritization, timelines, and escalations
- Develop metrics and tracking to provide leadership with meaningful operational and performance reporting
- Support the spirit of continuous improvement by defining new and/or augmenting existing processes across all functions
- Deploy the right balance of assertiveness and collaboration, leveraging an analytical mindset to relentlessly focus on value creation and return-on-effort
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a distinguished academic record; 1-3 years of applicable working experience
- Experience working alongside software developers or technical analysts
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodology
- Experience in a dynamic fast paced environment or startup
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and succinctly summarize roadblocks and bottlenecks, identify and implement solutions
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple scrum lines in cross-functional environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Point of view that is pragmatic, process-oriented, and unafraid of ambiguity
- Self-driven motivation with a bias towards action; Strong sense of curiosity and adaptability
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required)
- PMP certified
- Six Sigma/Green Belt
- Experience with tools like JIRA, SQL, and MS Project
What we offer
We offer a fun, dynamic, and diverse work environment where casual dress is encouraged and corner offices—or any offices—are nowhere to be found. Everyone is a hands-on contributor and empowered to take smart risks, embrace ownership, and take every opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.