Senior Manager, Strategic Operational Finance
Senior Manager, Warehousing Strategic Operational Finance
The Strategic Operational Finance team develops financial and business strategies for Wayfair’s major supply chain and operations initiatives. The Senior Manager will lead the financial efforts associated with Warehousing, which is an increasingly critical and highly-visible group. Expected to be a top performer as both a leader and a doer, you will be the point person on all major Warehousing projects that you will manage and execute against.
The ideal candidate is adept at translating business issues into analyses, building the relevant models and communicating results and recommendations to diverse audiences (up to C-level on a regular basis). Candidate will be able to work at both a strategic level (understanding the business issues) and at a tactical level (pivoting between projects in real-time, digging into data to understand and report trends, and managing junior colleagues who may be assisting in analyses). Candidate also thrives in a fast-paced environment and can take on new responsibilities quickly.
- Act as the “CFO” of the Warehousing initiative, providing financial analysis and thoughtful strategic insights
- Become the go-to person for Warehousing Leadership on any financial inquires, analyses and requests
- Drive efficiency across supply chain and be a strategic thought partner to Operations
- Build financial and operational infrastructure for top initiatives (models, reporting, trend analysis, etc.)
- Know the numbers behind the business inside and out; serve as the subject matter expert for all internal stakeholders
- Work collaboratively on data needs with cross-functional groups, including Analytics, Finance, Marketing, Pricing, Operations and Engineering
- Deliver cohesive analyses and reporting to senior leaders across the company
- Hire, manage, and develop other business analyst(s)
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree, MBA preferred but not required
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics and/or other modeling
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Expertise in Excel, experience in SQL preferred
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style adaptable to the audience
- Creativity to build structure around loosely defined projects
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-reliant and able to motivate others
- Track record of success in managing and developing a team
- Resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Unrelenting work ethic and sense of ownership to see projects through to completion
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.