Lead Photographer - Photo Studio - Kassel (m/f)
Wayfair is seeking a full-time lead photographer in our Kassel warehouse with an eye for home lifestyle photography to execute top quality digital photography. Working in close collaboration with the all areas of the business, this individual will ensure that the work coming from the photo studio meets our brand standards and provides a great visual experience for our customers.
Compelling visual imagery is a vital aspect of the Wayfair customer experience, and this person will be critical in delivering on our photography goals. Because of the highly deadline-driven nature of the position, our photography studio is a constantly-operating, fully-booked business vs. a project-oriented or agency-driven business; candidates who are problem solvers and who thrive on being busy and doing phenomenal work with limited resources will do extremely well in this environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, dynamic organization that is doing cutting edge work for the world’s fastest growing retail brands for your home.
*****To be considered for this role you must submit a portfolio for review*****
- An online photography portfolio that demonstrates command of applied techniques and an in-depth knowledge of digital photography, lighting, composition, color quality, and aesthetics
- Curate shoots using existing product and a created list of props
- Is comfortable wearing many "hats"; photographer, assistant, stylist
- Lead a small team of photographers
- Ensure consistent execution against creative briefs, while ensuring daily and weekly production goals are met and exceeded
- Set a tone for high quality photography standards and produce high quality photography consistent with our brand standards
- Setup proper lighting, with or without specific art direction, shoot to color accuracy and balance exposure for each shot
- Partner with Art Director to ensure that photography assets meet and exceed business goals
- Degree or professional qualification in photography
- Significant experience in studio photography, preferably in retail, catalog advertising is a plus
- Advanced lighting skills such as strobe and continuous
- Knowledge of all photographic formats and files
- Knowledgeable in a variety of color management and photo/video equipment
- Knowledge of wide variety of digital photo systems, software and workflows
- Technical knowledge of camera types, image processing and color temperature/balancing
- Candidates with exposure to a high throughput environment will have an advantage
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course, the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.