Various locations throughout the United States
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, vanities). To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home. This is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative and we are looking for leaders who can help disrupt the status quo and redefine an industry.
Launch Supervisor - Large Parcel Home Delivery Operations will play a key leadership role in this strategic initiative, helping to develop and run a network of best-in-class asset-based final mile sites within the US and Canada. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with Wayfair growing at an unprecedented 50% year over year. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company and one that will offer the right candidate an opportunity to reshape one of our core operational functions.
- Create a culture of safety and productivity at a new site launch
- Develop and manage a warehouse team to launch our brand-new Home Delivery Operations sites across the country
- Directly influence a team of site leaders, warehouse staff and Home Delivery Concierges during a new building launch
- Provide developmental plans and opportunities to a warehouse supervisor to develop their bench
- Train and provide consistent structure to the office staff in a launch and support environment
- Report KPIs on terminal performance and team’s performance to Terminal Leadership
- Drive consistency of process and execution among terminals
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure effective execution of building launches
- Create templates and tools to structure information and data for project documentation
- Supervising the functions and working of the warehouse workers. This is a floor position, and will involve physical movement of product along with supervisory duties.
- Delegating and assigning tasks and targets and evaluating the working of the staff
- Adhering to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Managing the inventory. Work areas include: receipt, pick, pack, ship and return of product.
- Supervising proper shift allocations and ensuring efficiency of all warehouse staff.
- Organizing and conducting necessary training activities for the staff and workers
- Ensuring the proper functioning of all warehouse tools and equipment.
- Coordinating movement of product to OIR, QA, or Medic operation as needed
- Ensuring correct orders are staged and ready for delivery
- Safe operation of all equipment, including Powered Industrial Truck operations (PITO), hand tools, and other equipment in the operation
- Operate equipment as necessary
- Must be able to travel ~90% of the time
- Proven track record building and maintaining a dynamic and high executing team
- BA/BS, with strong academic record or equivalent experience
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- 3-5 years of logistics and supply chain experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong negotiation skills
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- Ability to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to lead discussions and communicate effectively
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL)
- Certified, or ability to be certified on PITO equipment
- Working understanding of WMS system
- Should have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities
- Strong motivational skills and effectual team building and decision making
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crisis and decision making
- Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company
- Ability to work multiple shifts and occasional weekend shifts during peak season
Wayfair, named ‘Internet Retailer of the Year’ in 2016, offers a zillion things home – the largest selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 12,000 brands, Wayfair.com helps people find the perfect product at the right price.
With over $2.5B in in revenue and growing at 50%, Wayfair is Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and employs more than 5,000 people across global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and more. The company was named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine.
Wayfair is publicly traded company under stock symbol W. The company was recently named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and was selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company To Work For and Top Company For Well Balanced Life.
The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.