Associate Director, Margin Analytics
The Associate Director of Margin Analytics will work across all functions to act as the central point of contact to proactively identify and synthesize operational changes in margin drivers. The team will then work to formulate plans with effected teams to ensure we are properly reacting to changes with pricing and operating levers.
This is a unique role in Wayfair that offers both a broad SVP-level strategic scope, while requiring an ability to dig into the weeds and understand and control a highly complex pricing algorithm and supporting financial data infrastructure. As this team is newly formed, it provides a high-potential candidate a blank slate to set up and define processes and prioritize the capabilities that we build as a team in a high visibility, high impact area of Wayfair that has historically been viewed as our largest competitive advantage as a company.
What we need in this role is a strategic leader with an eye for driving action through insights and ability to build strong internal partnerships. If you’re someone accustomed to taking complex business problems and distilling them into actionable solutions for a wide range of audiences, we’re interested in connecting with you.
- Strategic partner for cross-functional groups, facilitate visibility into COGS, partner on new Wayfair initiatives, and strengthen internal and external relationships.
- Architect the road map and planning for our growing Margins initiatives
- Develop monthly KPI’s for executive leaders; report progress on key initiatives, elevate potential roadblocks, and communicate overall status updates.
Who are we looking for:
- Demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and success in analytical and high impact roles.
- Breaks down large, complex, ambiguous goals into manageable pieces for the team.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Operates as a linear thinker and can instinctively understand how interconnected systems drive a customer or operational outcome.
- Clearly communicates near-term and multi-year vision for team.
- Champions his/her team’s initiatives internally and cross-functionally.
- Coaches team in innovative thinking and pushes team outside comfort zones.
- Extremely organized with good project management skills.
- Willing to learn the technical aspects of our Financial Systems.
- Comfortable with creating new processes from scratch
- Strong attention to detail, can learn quickly and understand big picture concepts.
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style adaptable to the audience
- 8+ years of experience in a highly Strategic and Analytical role in Consulting, Analytics, Product Management, (Preferably in e-commerce or B2C business).
- Expertise in Excel, experience in SQL a plus
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, while having fun doing it
- An easy-going attitude and a strong sense of humor
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.