Warehouse Admin/ Dock Clerk
Wayfair is seeking high energy, motivated, hardworking individuals to fill Dock Clerk positions at various locations. The Dock Clerk is responsible for checking in and out trucks, managing the flow of trucks into and out of the building, auditing the yard, updating time-critical documents, running reports, and communicating with various teams.
- Physically check in and out all trailers entering/exiting the yard and log trailer status. Log includes trailer number, seal number, trailer status (full or empty), tractor number, load number, date and time. Audit all inbound and outbound trailers on log sheet.
- Arrive and/or dispatch the loads in Transportation Management System (TMS), Freight Management System (FMS), and/or High Jump
- Complete a daily yard check and reconcile the yard check with yard inventory
- Plan and communicate trailer movement in the yard to the switchers, dock managers, and Boston Planners.
- Direct drivers to appropriate locations in the yard for the drop-off and pick-up of trailers
- Ensure the completion of all required paperwork, records, and documentation
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment and a steady flow into the building
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be willing and able to work all shifts
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required
- Must be able to read and take direction in English
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10 hours
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.