Leadership Development Specialist
Title: Leadership Development Specialist
Location: Berlin, Germany
About the role
Wayfair is looking for a partner to help drive the continued growth of our leadership development function. We currently offer three leadership programs targeted to different segments: high potential employees, early managers, and experienced leaders. This role will focus on facilitating and building on our early management program to ensures Wayfair’s leadership pipeline into the future.
You’re a capable self-starter who’s ready to roll up your sleeves and drive a high impact, scalable leadership development strategy. You are going to be delivering several training sessions per week, so having a positive attitude and enjoying working with people is a must. We need our employees to see you as an expert, so you’ll need to match your confidence with your desire to learn. To build on our early management program, you’re able to partner with leaders across the business, uncover data-driven leadership development opportunities, create handouts and presentations, and analyzing feedback to recommend changes.
About the Team
Learning & Development is the ultimate cross-functional team. Every day we work with key stakeholders across the organization to develop our people, drive impact, and help Wayfair remain a leader in e-commerce. We are the ambassadors of Wayfair’s culture, which prides itself on collaboration, innovation, and critical thinking. We focus on guiding Wayfair team members to become the best versions of themselves by developing their skills, guiding them on how to increase their impact, and building lifelong relationships.
- Deliver already designed ILTs on leadership development in our different European locations
- Manage the program’s administrative and logistical tasks in collaboration with coordinators
- Leverage data and analytics to continuously evaluate efficacy/impact and optimize the program
- Build out and scale Wayfair’s leadership development programs
- Collaboratively design, research/build, pilot, and launch training for both managers and individual contributors, based on business need
- Sufficient experience in designing and delivering learning experiences around leadership development (and ideally a portfolio to match this)
- Degree in leadership, adult learning, organizational effectiveness, or related field
- First experience in managing your own team by coaching in daily operations as well as in their career development
- Proven track record of strong program or project management
- Strong communicator and excellent interpersonal skills
- Passion for leadership and management development
- Flexible, quick on your feet and able to leverage data to make decisions
- Training design and adult learning (e.g., ADDIE Model, SAM, Design Thinking, Kirkpatrick Model, Bloom’s Taxonomy) knowledge is a plus
- Design-savvy in creating visually appealing learning materials with Microsoft Office/G Suite is a plus
- Experience using the Learning Management System, Cornerstone is a plus