Product Designer (UX/UI)
We are looking for a talented Product Designer with a diverse portfolio demonstrating mastery of craft and a track record of results: the design of engaging experiences that created positive outcomes for both the customer and the business. Your demonstrated skillset must span all areas of design: analysis of user needs, the architecture of layouts, flows and interactions, and detailed aesthetics for both written and visual content. You should have experience working directly with Product Managers and Engineers to prioritize, specify, and deliver user experiences.
As a member of Wayfair Design, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. We are looking for a design practitioner who can help us take our experience to the next level, bringing deep expertise in UX design and a strategic mindset for how to scale and differentiate a market-leading e-commerce experience. You should be versed in research methodology and current with design trends.
At Wayfair, we have established our leadership position in the market through a fierce passion for helping users find the best products for their homes. Our success has created a tangible opportunity to shape the future of ecommerce, and your work will have deep and meaningful impact.
- Craft intuitive and shippable product experiences, leveraging Wayfair UX design standards and industry best practices.
- Produce design deliverables utilizing the Sketch app, Invision and/or other prototyping tools:
- Detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, etc.
- Wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations
- Detailed visuals / mockups
- Lead cross-functional design reviews for all necessary deliverables
User Research Responsibilities
- Evaluate competitor and industry websites to provide a meaningful analysis of the findings
- Prioritize, plan and help conduct user research, including the following techniques: user interviews, usability testing, task analysis, contextual inquiry, card sorting
- Produce design deliverables utilizing the Sketch app.
- Support and influence product planning and prioritization.
- Be extremely familiar with user experience design, product management, engineering, and agile development environments and be able to turn complex use cases into intuitive and shippable product experiences.
- Establish design acceptance criteria for the product, and ensure that the implementation meets design standards.
- Play a leadership role in resolving unclear direction or unknown variables
- The ability to engage in strategy discussions. Weigh tradeoffs between business, technical, and customer needs.
- Mentor designers with less experience to improve their skillset.
- 2+ years of Product Design experience for consumers and consumer brands—a big plus if you have experience in e-commerce
- Communication and presentation skills. The ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it
- Facilitation and listening skills. The ability to maintain undivided attention and appreciate interpersonal differences. An openness to opinions that challenge beliefs, and be a willingness to evolve based on new information.
- The confidence and self-motivation to drive forward projects that will improve our user’s experience.
- Expert proficiency in Sketch, Invision, and other design tools.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Hands-on skills a plus.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.