Senior Product Manager - R&D Operations
R&D Operations Senior Product Manager
Who we are: R&D Operations is the function within Engineering that works across all of our different software & product organizations to help Wayfair maintain its goals of safe speed and effectiveness at scale. A highly visible portion of our agenda, is leading the tooling that enables product development teams to work together.
We are looking for an R&D Operations Senior Product Manager who will help improve the efficiency of the engineers and product managers across Wayfair, by leading the roadmap of the Tools that Engineering uses to plan and execute Product Development initiatives.
The roadmap will include:
- The evolution of our Agile process management tool (AgilePT), which is used by over 1,000 engineers and Product Managers globally
- Creating an easy and efficient way for The development of new capabilities that allow us to facilitate Cross-Functional planning processes
- The development of Roadmapping tools for New Product Development and Planning
- Creating reporting capabilities that will allow us to better understand and improve R&D performance and measure the success of key company-wide process initiatives
As part of this role, the Senior Product Manager is expected to help articulate program objectives and Key Results, drive the elaboration roadmap requirements, interact with and help development teams as an Agile Product Owner, and help push adoption and consistency across Engineering.
Finally, the person in this role, is also likely to assist in change management aspects of high-profile transformational initiatives within R&D including testing new concepts in Autonomous Engineering teams, novel planning processes, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business or a supply chain/operations discipline or technical business discipline, MBA a plus.
- 3-5 years product management / management consultancy experience working with agile planning tools
- Technical background, or technical orientation; comfortable with new technology
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results within an Agile delivery model
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Proven ability to manage and execute small to medium-sized initiatives from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to elicit and create business requirement documents
- Comfortable interfacing with senior level leadership
- Can work independently with minimal direction
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.