Head of EU Sales & Service Training
Head of EU Sales & Service Training
Wayfair, the leading retailer in online home goods, has an exciting opening for an experienced Head of Sales & Service Training for Europe. This position will play an important role in supporting the development of our Sales & Service teams in a fast-growing environment across multiple sites and functions.
The Head of Sales & Service Training – EU will oversee the various training functions and training teams supporting the following: On-site Training, Virtual Training, Content Development, and Leadership Development. Training programs may include new hire onboarding, ongoing up-skill training, online course development and maintenance, leadership training programs, as well as other training required by our growing business needs. This individual will set the training strategy for the Sales & Service organization across Europe and will serve as a key partner to the Sales & Service leadership team.
Location: Galway or Berlin
The Head of Sales & Service Training - Europe is responsible for driving the strategic direction for training across Europe and leads the Sales & Service Training leadership team. This role partners with Sales & Service leaders across multiple sites in Europe to ensure that all training needs are delivered, including classroom facilitation, virtual facilitation, content development/instructional design, and leadership development.
The Head of Sales & Service Training reports to the Director of the Sales & Service organization, and coordinates with Wayfair Sales & Service and senior leaders as well as across the Sales & Service Training Team in the US.
- Oversee the growth and development of EU Sales & Service training teams to meet business growth needs across multiple sites
- Ensure high quality training programs are delivered in the areas of new hire induction, ongoing skills development, leadership development in both an on-site and virtual classroom environment
- Drive innovative training solutions in content development approaches to allow for self-paced, instructor-led, and blended learning
- Consult with Sales & Service leadership to assess training needs and prioritize deliverables
- Ensure training programs and materials include sound learning and evaluation techniques and instructional design methods
- Lead and manage a team of training and instructional design professionals
- Extensive experience managing multi-site and cross-functional training teams, preferably supporting a customer service organization or call center environment.
- Extensive experience in a senior training leadership role, setting training strategy, and leading a multi-layered team in fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in instructional design methodologies and techniques
- Able to consult with senior leaders within the organization to assess training needs and drive high quality results
- Dynamic leader, with demonstrated track record of successfully leading large training teams
- Experience scaling and growing a department in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaborator across Training Team, and Operations stakeholders
- Strong project management experience, leading large scale projects
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive training strategy and decision making
- Ability to change direction and priorities frequently in a fast-paced business environment
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Adobe Connect and other virtual training tools a plus
- Experience working in and managing learning management systems
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to clearly and persuasively communicate with stakeholders across the global Wayfair organisation
- Strong business acumen to quickly adapt to changing business needs
- Fluent in English and ideally in additional European languages
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.