Manager - Country Localization French-Canadian (m/f)
Wayfair is looking for an experienced manager fluent in French-Canadian for our EU merchandising team to drive our localization efforts for our French-Canadian site.
You don’t need to have experience in the localization industry to be successful in this role. What’s important to us is that you are a strategic project and team manager with a background in analytics.
If you’re looking for your next challenge or a great opportunity to switch sectors and become an e-commerce leader, then we look forward to receiving your application.
The Merchandising Team is driving the development of our product catalog. Our stated goal is to make it as easy as possible for the customer to find the perfect product for their home. For this, we collect a countless amount of data, pictures and videos from several thousand suppliers to constantly improve our catalog (> 7 million products). Our websites are currently available in English (USA, CAN, UK), French (CAN) and German (DE), and we want to make sure that our customers have the best possible browsing experience - no matter what language they use.
You will be responsible for leading a team localizing Wayfair’s content into French-Canadian.
The team provides translations for our Wayfair User Interfaces (UI), catalog products as well as for internal (e.g. trainings) or external documents (e.g. brochure for suppliers). The goal will be to provide, depending on the content type, high quality translations while managing for costs and turnaround time.
- Drive the analysis of our product catalog for French-Canada and work with Data team to identify the best way to translate our products to balance out cost, speed and quality. For this you will need to be comfortable with making hypotheses, going through large sets of data and draw conclusions.
- Define your team’s priorities and tasks for the next quarter (roadmap and tech requests).
- Cross-functionally develop, align and communicate translation process improvements in collaboration with the respective Wayfair teams (Engineering, UI, PR, etc.).
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the company, ranging from the GM of the Canadian business to our Engineering teams.
- Manage ad hoc translation requests by actively engaging stakeholders and explaining the requirements for providing high quality translations
- Track and report the success you and your team are driving by analyzing and reporting on main KPIs (Turnaround time, quality, cost).
- Coach and support your team members in their daily operations as well as in their career development.
- Fluent in French-Canadian and English (recent work experience in French-Canada is a definite plus).
- A Consultant or Manager coming from a fast paced environment (Start-Up, Private Equity, e-commerce..)
- Comfortable in a data-driven business environment and able to pivot readily based on real-time data.
- Strong analytical skills paired with an affinity to quantitative problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills including experience in managing high-performing teams.
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL and CAT-tools (Computer-assisted translation) a plus
- Interest and experience in different languages or cultures.
- Experience in the Localization industry a plus.
- Track record of success in driving significant results.
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.