Senior Content Strategy Manager - Experience Design Team
When someone asks you for directions, are they often relieved by how clearly you’ve explained where to go? When you’re the lead writer on a project, is the information architecture as important to you as the words themselves? Is it a good day when you’ve learned something new?
If you answered “Yes!” to the above, we’d love to meet you.
On our fast-growing Content Strategy team, we’re seeking a Senior Content Strategist to take the lead on our new “Home Services” product. You’ll help your cross-functional partners determine the right message to serve up via the right channel, at the right time.
A typical day for you may look like diving into competitive research. Or putting together a content model so your designer has a “blueprint” to work with. Or maybe you’ll lean into a content matrix, so your team has a source of truth for all the messaging that exists across the product experience.
And in this role, you’ll also get the chance to manage and coach a team of your own. To start, you’ll take on 2 direct reports, with the opportunity to grow your team.
An ideal candidates is not only a strategic thinker, but also a sought-after collaborator, strong UX writer, and detail-oriented manager who works well in entrepreneurial environments. If you’ve ever been called “tenacious” or a “UX evangelist,” that’s a plus: We’re a small team in a big org, and you’ll be relied on to consistently, persuasively advocate for best-in-class messaging on behalf of our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the content strategy for our new Home Services product
- Execute on deliverables like competitive research, content audits, content models, and content matrices
- Write clear, compelling messaging and drive the strategy for new feature development
- Ensure consistent messaging across platforms (app, mobile web, desktop)
- Carry the Wayfair brand voice through multiple channels, while driving product-specific tone and style standards
- Work cross-functionally with product designers (UX/UI), product managers, engineers, and marketers, working collaboratively to make the customer journey as user-friendly as possible
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how customers interact with our product, and use data to determine how to solve customer problems -- and make our messaging even more compelling
Desired skills & experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, library science, communications, marketing, or a related field
- 5+ years of professional content strategy or copywriting experience for consumers and consumer brands (e-commerce experience is a big plus)
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong writing and conversation-mapping skills, as well as a deep understanding of how to identify user problems
- Experience driving content strategy deliverables, such as content audits, inventories, and matrices
- A collaborative work style and the ability to think holistically—understanding how design and content strategy work together to provide customers with a consistent end-to-end message
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management, leadership, and organizational skills
- A motivated, self-starter attitude with demonstrated ability to push independent and team projects to completion
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.