Head of Strategic Finance
With Wayfair’s aggressive growth comes the need for strong financial partnership, planning, and support across the business. The Head of Strategic Finance will manage a team that works closely with every executive leader to deliver a comprehensive understanding of our business drivers, including connecting those drivers to our financial management processes across the company. This role collaborates with business unit leaders across the company, drives strategic decisions, and directly impacts the future direction of Wayfair's fast growing business. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with a highly analytical background who enjoys tackling new challenges in a fast-paced, growing environment.
Working across the business, the candidate must ask strategic questions which will inform financial insights shared with senior leadership and the board. As such, the ideal candidate will excel in executive-level interactions and consultations.
- Partner closely with business leaders throughout the company to build collaborative working relationships and influence them to superior results through data driven insights.
- Provide thought leadership to position the team of 10 for growth over the next 24 months.
- Drive various regular and ad hoc analytical projects that deliver key insights for making critical business decisions.
- Streamline processes, optimize financial systems, and help build out reporting infrastructure, tools and technology.
- Drive planning, forecasting and reporting related processes across the company as an analytical thought leader.
- Help design and build presentations for Executive and Board level audiences.
- Previous experience in private equity desired.
- The candidate must show facility with executive-level consultations. This requires demonstrated skills in fact-based analysis, clear communication, and interpersonal interaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree, plus 7-10 years of experience in finance or strategy with a bias towards quantitative analysis. MBA preferred.
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in quantitative analysis and presentation. Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and executive management.
- Executive presence coupled with strong interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on teamwork, initiative and integrity.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.