Merchandising Strategy & Operations Leader
If you're passionate about e-commerce and creating scalable processes that will drive our business and elevate the Wayfair customer experience, we are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and process driven leader to join our business as we continue our ambitious plan to build the best online furniture catalog.
The Merchandising Operations team is Wayfair’s “digital content supply chain” and works with thousands of suppliers to add tens of thousands of products to our site each month, and maintain a catalog of over 10 million SKUs. The team takes a strategic lens to our work, identifying the root cause of and solving problems using technology.
Merchandising Operations Leaders must be able to transform data into insights and strategy to improve the throughput and quality of products in the Wayfair online catalog. They lead a medium sized team of managers and analysts to help them improve upon the way we bring products to market. They work cross-functionally with Executive Level Leadership, making appropriate project related tradeoffs across brands, and measuring success of the team’s initiatives.
- Define and drive our roadmap (both process and tech) to streamline and optimize the merchandising experience as it pertains to editing product data. A key deliverable will be empowering Suppliers to take an active role in managing their product content by providing more transparency into Wayfair merchandising standards and giving them intuitive tools to update their catalogs.
- Lead a team of managers and analysts who directly support our product catalog. Examples of work done on the team are ensuring we have best in class merchandising, triaging product level errors and identifying macro trends, partnering with offshore vendors, and driving technology based process changes.
- Work closely with senior managers across the organization to define and refine product content standards and quality targets while bringing the supplier and customer voice to the table.
- Spearhead the project to “Shop Your Catalog” which will give Suppliers the tools and direction to actively maintain and improve their catalog. Monitor and design metrics to show the value and usage
- Partner with Site Merchandising to build alignment on site-wide projects such as wood tone identification, product pattern identification, and product style identification
- Overhaul Quality Assurance tools – review the current tool offering and work with tech to streamline the pages, remove redundancy and inconsistency, simplify the UIs, etc. Understand how offshore teams use the tools, what their pain points or gaps are, and how to streamline processes to gain efficiencies.
- Improve the process for identifying and fixing clear deficiencies on the product listings that are causing customer confusion/dissatisfaction and returns.
- Design and work with analytics and engineering partners to build dashboards that enable our supplier partners to self-serve and action on customer feedback.
- 7+ years of experience or 1+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 1+ years management experience preferred
- Experience in management consulting, private equity, investment banking, or corporate strategy preferred
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy. Advanced excel skills needed
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.